Sunday 24 February 2013

Taylor Swift's Relationships Are 'Fair Game'




Hollywood Crush





Taylor Swift's Relationships Are 'Fair Game'



Taylor Swift is gracing the April cover of InStyle UK, looking as gorgeous as ever in a gray couture gown, but it’s what the singer is saying inside that is sure to get everyone’s attention.


So listen up, Harry Styles and John Mayer: Taylor is totally cool with you writing songs about her. Why? Well, mostly because she’s bound to write a tune or two about you somewhere along the way. "If I’m gonna write songs about my exes they can write songs about me,” she said in the issue, out March 7. “That’s how it works.”



Taylor has always written about her personal life in her music, without naming names. And, in the rules according to Swift, all’s fair in love and war...and music. She added, “I’m not gonna complain about it. I’m not gonna sit there and say, ‘I’m the only one who can write songs about this relationship.’ It’s fair game."


The Grammy-winner has always been candid about using her real life as songwriting fodder. In an interview with MTV News last October, when she dropped her Red album, she revealed why she uses her personal life to write very public odes. "I really tend to draw inspiration from my life and from the characters in my life," she said. "And it's just kind of for me something I've always loved doing, watching life play out and kind of making a song out of that.


"It's why I write most of my songs about emotions and feelings and relationship issues because that's what confuses us most in life," Taylor added. "So it's nice to feel that there's more than just you feeling that way."


Do you agree with Taylor's art-imitating-life philosophy? Tell us in the comments and on Twitter!








No comments:

Post a Comment