Thursday 12 September 2013

Chloe Moretz Shares Her Horror History With W




Hollywood Crush





Chloe Moretz Shares Her Horror History With W



Chloe MoretzIf you weren't sure that sunny, sassy Chloe Moretz was the perfect pick to play Stephen King's brooding, tortured telekinetic teenager in the upcoming remake of "Carrie," then you'll definitely want to take a peek at her latest cover spot: W magazine has the actress front and center for its October issue, and girl looks downright haunted. And in her interview, Chloe makes it clear that she's no stranger to the horror-film scene. In fact, it's where she got her start.


"I booked 'The Amityville Horror' when I was 6," she recalled. "I did about four or five auditions and had to cry at every single one. When you’re that young, it’s a huge feat to be able to cry, so I did the same crying scene over and over to prove that I could and that I wasn’t making myself crazy doing it."


It was also on that film that she learned her first, vital lessons about maintaining a nice, fat boundary between the characters she plays and the person she is.



"I never take anything home with me. Trevor [Chloe's brother and acting coach] taught me from a young age how to get out of character. He taught me that all the crying and emotion are fake," she explained, which probably explains why she seems to seek out such comparatively dark, demented roles compared with other actresses her age.


But, says Chloe, that's exactly what she wants: "When I found out about 'Kick-Ass,' I was 10, and I was obsessed with the part. 'Wanted,' with Angelina Jolie, had just come out, and I was eager to do something cool like that, but not the kiddie version. I didn’t want to run around with little laser guns and stupid stuff."


And with upcoming roles not just in "Carrie," but also in the emotionally wrenching film adaptation of "If I Stay," it seems unlikely that we'll see Chloe running around with little laser guns anytime in the near future. Or ever. Probably ever.


Related:

+ Which Pop Star Does Chloe Moretz Want To Dress As For Halloween?


What do you think of Chloe's new cover?








No comments:

Post a Comment